Usage of the Atlas of Living Australia (ALA) and GBIF data portals: how to prepare your data, and reuse them on national and international platforms (Workshops)
The project is part of the 2018 GBIF Capacity Enhancement Support Programme (CESP). It is aimed to develop Biodiversity Informatics skills of data manager and users; to better understand their specific needs and continue to develop Canadensys and ALA to answer these needs.
In order to achieve such objective, three workshops will be organized in Canada involving several scientific communities (botany, entomology, zoology, mycology, taxonomy, ecology). The workshops will be similar in content (theory and practical exercises) and will extend over three days:
- Day 1: Focus on an ALA framework (Canadensys data portal).
- Day 2: GBIF data portal, metrics, and data cleaning tools.
- Day 3: Give participants the possibility to work on their own datasets and start the publication process (metadata, cleaning, mapping).
- Canadensys (coordinator).
- GBIF Spain.
- The University of British Columbia.
- Integrated Digitalized Biocollections (iDigBio).