Elysia: Software for the management of biodiversity collections
ELYSIA is an application software developed by the Spanish Node of GBIF to digitize and manage botanical and zoological natural history collections. Elysia is a Microsoft Office Access based program and includes a .mdb configuration file (herbarsys.mdb) and another .mdb file containing the forms needed for the management of checklists, scientific names, labels, queries and the elaboration of lists of materials.
Basic requirements for Elysia: Windows 32/64 bits and Microsoft Office 2010 or higher than 32 bits.
Elysia is the result of merging Zoorbar and Herbar tools, which developments have been suspended because Elysia already includes all of their functionalities and other new ones. If you need support to migrate your collection or in other process related to this software, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(64 or 32 bits)
Microsoft Office 32 bits
(2010 or newer)
Elysia enables the following functionalities:
- Specimen labelling including the storing of all their identifications.
- Management of scientific names, countries, provinces, identifications and revisions.
- Generation of different kind of labels, including labels for microscopic preparations.
- Export to a standard format for its visualization on Internet (Darwin Core Archive).
- Support for the fulfilment of Nagoya protocol.
- Integration of the client-server structure in which multiple users can concurrently access to data maintaining their own local configuration.
Before downloading this software: if you have more than one Access version (2007 & 2010) installed, we recommend you to download and use Elysia's developer version in order to avoid possible incompatibilities.
How to cite
Pando F., Lujano M., Cezón K. Elysia (versión): una aplicación para la gestión completa de colecciones biológicas (consulta: fecha cuando fue consultado). GBIF.ES - CSIC. Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación.