Terms and conditions of use of the website www.gbif.es
The Spanish Node of the Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF.ES) informs you that the access and use of the website www.gbif.es and all the subdomains and directories included within it (from now on, jointly referred as the Website) depend on the terms detailed in this Legal Notice, without prejudice to the access to some of the mentioned services or contents might require the acceptance of Additional General Conditions.
GBIF.ES reserves the right to make changes in the Website without notice, with the purpose of updating, correcting, modifying, adding or deleting contents or the design. As far as the information update is not immediate, we suggest you to always check the validity and accuracy of the information, services and contents presented. Likewise, the terms and conditions collected in the present Legal Notice might vary, hence we invite you to review these terms when you visit the Website.
GBIF.ES shall not be liable for damages and prejudices resulting from the use made of the tools and information contained in www.gbif.es regarding decision-making about the start, development, or outcome of administrative procedures. Such decisions must be verified with the centres, organisms or competent agencies. In any case, the information and contents of this website may not be quoted in trial proceedings with the Public Administration, the latter assuming no liability for any discrepancies that might arise between the printed version of the documents of the competent Administration and the electronic ones.
Intellectual and industrial property rights
Both the Website and its source codes, as well as the logos, brands and other distinctive signs appearing therein, belong to GBIF.ES or collaborating bodies, and are protected under the corresponding intellectual and industrial property rights.
The information available in this Webpage, unless explicitly provided otherwise, is subject to change. Thus, it is authorised the total or partial reproduction as well as its modification, distribution and communication for commercial and non-commercial purposes, under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license, subject to the following conditions:
- In any circumstances, the denaturalisation of the information content is prohibited.
- Users shall quote the source of the documents that have been reused.
- Users shall mention the date of the latest update of the documents that have been reused.
GBIF.ES declares its respect for the intellectual and industrial property rights of third parties; therefore, if you consider that this site could be violating your rights, please contact us.
Links or hyperlinks
Users who wish to set up a hyperlink between their website and that of the GBIF.ES should be aware of the following:
- The set-up of a hyperlink in no way implies that any relationship exists between GBIF.ES and the owner of the website that sets up the link, nor the acceptance or approval by GBIF.ES of its contents or services. Therefore, there will be no statement nor will it be led to be believed that GBIF.ES has expressly authorised the hyperlink nor that it has in any way supervised or assumed the services offered or made available on the website from where the hyperlink is set up.
- GBIF.ES assumes no liability whatsoever, nor guarantees the quality, accuracy, reliability, correctness or moral nature of the contents or services that may be offered by the setting up of the hyperlink. Users assume the consequences, damages or actions that may result from access to the hyperlinked website under their exclusive responsibility.
- The website on which the hyperlink is set up may not contain any brand, name, logotype, slogan or other distinctive signs belonging to GBIF.ES, except those signs forming part of the hyperlink itself.
- The website on which the hyperlink is set up will not contain information with unlawful content, content that is indecent or contrary to generally accepted good customs and public order, and neither will it have contents that contravene the rights of third parties.
GBIF.ES expressly prohibits the carrying out of “framings” or use by third parties of any other mechanisms which alter the design, original configuration or contents of its Website.
GBIF.ES is the entity responsible for the treatment of data generated from the personal data provided by users through the website www.gbif.es.
In accordance with the Organic Law 3/2018, dated 5 December, on Personal Data Protection and Guarantee of Digital Rights (LOPDGDD), the General Regulation of Data Protection (RGPD) and the related legislation, GBIF.ES undertakes to comply with the obligation of secrecy with regard to personal data and the duty to treat them confidentially after carrying out the corresponding risk analyses, in particular, in accordance with the First Additional Provision of the LOPDGDD, the security measures corresponding to those provided for in the National Security Scheme, necessary to prevent its alteration, loss, processing or unauthorised access.
Users may exercise their rights of access, rectification, cancellation, opposition, limitation or portability at any time by writing to the Madrid Royal Botanical Garden, Coordination Unit of GBIF Spain, C/ Claudio Moyano, 1, 28014 Madrid (Spain), providing a photocopy of their National Identity Document (DNI). It is also possible to contact with GBIF.ES through this email: email@example.com.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
Spanish law will be the law applicable in the event of any dispute or conflict in the interpretation of the terms comprising this Legal Notice, together with any issue relating to the services of this Website.
In order to resolve any conflict that may arise through visiting the Website or through the use of the services offered therein, GBIF.ES and the User agree to submit themselves to the Judge and Tribunals corresponding to the User’s home address, as long as this is located within Spanish territory.